The occurrence of pressure ulcers on the heels after a hip operation can be avoided.
The practice had been to place a triangular or nursing cushion between the legs.
This makes the feet extremely vulnerable to pressure sores and clubbing of the foot.
Medifeet® 48 functions like the abduction cushion used following a hip operation during the first 48 hours.
- The legs are spread and cannot cross,
- the feet are unable to turn outward,
- clubbing of the foot is prevented,
- the heels are raised, preventing pressure ulcers,
- electric bed can be adjusted,
- No pressure from bed sheet.
- The top section can be removed after the first 48 hours. In the daytime the patient lies on the bottom section, which supports the legs and leaves the heels free. The patient has to learn to leave the bed from this position. At night the top section can be replaced, so that the doctor, nurse and patient are happy that no movement like to lead to luxation can be made.
The use of Medifeet® is aiming at these benefits.
Medifeet® 48 can also be used when healing a patient's hip fracture.
There was a consultancy agreement with U.Z. Leuven Prof. Matricali. Professor in Orthopaedics, Foot and Ankle Surgery; Diabetic Foot Clinic, during the project development phase.
Medifeet® is a branded product and is produced in accordance with the following high quality standards:
- Bi-elastic washable incontinence PU cover to be disinfected or washed at 60°C: see directions for use,
- special water-repellent zips,
- various foam combinations with a fire standard according to medical requirements, that offer remarkable comfort, such as the right density for the right support and breathability,
- support for the legs in pressure-reducing, visco elastic memory foam,
- CE Class 1, Oeko-Tex 100.
Click on the image of the flyer to see in full size.